The Alys Beach Development and Commercial Construction Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support services in a professional and efficient manner to the Development and Commercial Construction Department.
- Provide administrative support for the Development and Commercial Construction Department.
- Answer office telephones, take messages and transfer calls in an efficient professional manner, greet visitors in a friendly manner, receive deliveries and perform other front desk responsibilities as required.
- Fax, scan and copy a variety of documents.
- File documents in an electronic format accurately and according to the office standards.
- Produce and maintain a diverse range of documents in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe.
- Prepare a variety of Outlook emails and Outlook meeting invitations and maintain Outlook calendars for the department.
- Assist in the tracking and logging of numerous documents.
- Prepare subcontracts, change orders and purchase orders.
- Assist in preparation of documentation for Florida Green Building Certification and for Fortified for Safer Living Certification.
- Prepare contracts and change orders.
- Knowledge and experience in accounts receivable and payables.
- Track the status of Notice to Owner and Lien Waiver documents.
- Prepare bid notices, bid lists and assist in the bid process.
- Prepare agendas and record/transcribe meeting minutes for department meetings.
- Purchase office supplies.
- Call in inspections.
- Coordinate department meetings and events.
- Assist in making travel arrangements for conferences.
- Maintain equipment maintenance logs.
- Effectively communicate with team members, clients, and interdepartmental personnel.
- Performs other administrative tasking as needed.
- Experience in organizing and following up with construction close-out documents.
- Knowledge and experience in organizing construction punch lists.
- Experience: 5 or more years in an advanced Administrative Position preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College level classes in Interior Design required. College degree not required.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Five-year’s experience using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook) preferred.
- Two-year’s previous work in a construction management environment required.
- Previous experience in accounts receivable and payables required.
- Previous experience in Interior Design preferred.