All Terrain Forklift Operator
Under the supervision of Alys Beach Construction Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Project Managers, and General Superintendent, the forklift operator is to support unloading, transporting, and staging of construction materials from delivery trucks to project sites. This position's hourly rate is $18 per hour and there is a $1000 sign-on bonus for this position.
- Operate a 10,000 lb. all terrain forklift.
- Load and unload trucks and assist with other jobs that require a forklift operator.
- Must be capable of working without direct supervision, multi-tasking, and using good judgment in making responsible decisions.
- Perform daily and routine maintenance inspections of the equipment as required by manufacturer.
- Minimum of one year of experience in the construction industry.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. routinely
- Ability to perform job functions safely
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and tolerate exposure to the elements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in person, through use of smart phone, and in writing.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to work alone and/or effectively with other individuals/co-workers.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance on the equipment.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate all construction equipment
- Work safely and be conscious of surroundings and possible safety issues
- Watch for and stop unsafe actions
- Have a positive safety attitude
- Inspect equipment rigging for damage and document inspections
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment or forklift/Lull.
- Forklift/Lull operation certification
- OSHA 10 training