EBSCO Industries is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to support the Project Team with the oversight of construction projects from start to finish utilizing computer and communication skills as well as working in a team environment to support an established and growing residential construction company. This position is with Alys Beach Construction, a residential Contractor located in Alys Beach, FL.
- Assist PM with project planning, budgeting, permitting, and identification of resources needed.
- Project accounting functions including assist PM with review of estimate, establishing the budget, managing the budget, tracking of team expenses, and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Assist PM to ensure that construction activities progress per predetermined schedule using BuilderTrend software.
- Periodic inspection of construction sites.
- Assist PM to ensure project documents are complete.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management from accredited school
- 5+ years of experience working full-time in the construction industry
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews project plans and specifications to develop a scope of work and scope sheet.
- Reviews constructability issues and identifies risk concerns and communicates those to the operational staff
- Ensures the flow of project information is maintained and documented.
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economical alternative
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
- Assist PM with pricing of change impacts and client change requests as required
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills. Proficiency with all MS Outlook, Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), scheduling software (i.e. BuilderTrend)
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort, as well as work in a team environment
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills amongst team members, clients, as well as interdepartmental personnel