EBSCO Industries is seeking an experienced Bartender. This position is located at the Beach Club, in Alys Beach Community, Florida. The Beach Service Bar is a very unique experience with a team service mentality. The Bartender is one of the most important members of our service team. The persons applying for this job should be full of energy, have a positive outlook, and an aptitude for genuine hospitality.
- Utilize proper food handling and food service techniques.
- Take beverage orders from service staff or directly from patrons. Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer. Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Take meal/drink orders and serve meals in a friendly and timely manner.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules. Clean bars, work areas, and tables. Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Assist with orientation and training of new employees.
- Practice all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Maintain or exceed standards of appearance, cleanliness, personal sanitation, and hygiene.
- Collect money for drinks served. Balance cash receipts.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol. Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- 1 Year Full-Service Bar / Restaurant Experience is desired.
- Strong Beverage knowledge. Beer/Wine/Liquor.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of stress
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to reach, bend, squat, carry plates, trays of glasses and lifts glass racks and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per shift.
- Ability to tolerate some exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, and humidity.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to read, speak, and write the English language
- Ability to perform basic math skills Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Cicerone Level 1 certification.
- Wine certification. Level 1 Court of Master Sommelier.
- Mixology course.