EBSCO Industries is seeking an experienced Pool Deck Attendant. This position is located at the Beach Club, in Alys Beach Community, Florida. The Beach Club is very unique pool experience with a team service mentality. The Pool deck attendant is a very important member of our service team. The persons applying for this job should be full of energy, have a positive outlook, and an aptitude for genuine hospitality.
- Open and close umbrellas
- Clean and set lounge chairs with clean towels
- Pick up pool towels
- Check and empty trash cans
- Pick up all trash, cups, and other debris on pool deck
- Daily housekeeping to cabanas
- Clean and tidy dining rooms, red room, and restrooms
- Clean and/or wash all chair covers. If necessary, replace cushions or send them out for repair
- Service, clean, and stock restrooms
- Stock towel stations
- Evaluate the condition of the pool deck on a daily basis and report all deficiencies to supervisor
- Work outside in all types of weather from extreme heat to rain and cold
- Deliver bucket of complimentary bottle water and menu to guest.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Experience working on pool deck preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of stress
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing
- Neat and tidy appearance
- Ability to work on weekends and holidays
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and tolerate exposure to heat, cold, and humidity.
- Ability to reach, bend, squat, carry weight up to 50 pounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Experience working on pool deck.
- CPR certification.