EBSCO Industries is seeking an experienced Host / Hostess. This position is located at Caliza Restaurant, in Alys Beach Community, Florida. Caliza restaurant is a very unique dining experience with a team service mentality. The Host / Hostess is one of the most important members of our service team. The persons applying for this job should be full of energy, have a positive outlook, and an aptitude for genuine hospitality.
- Focus on front entrance.
- Providing our guests with a crisp, and warm welcome.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and win their trust immediately.
- Take reservations over the phone. Reply to inquiries. Need to be very articulate, and warm.
- Manage reservation system (OpenTable), and manage to floor seating plan to insure smooth service.
- Seat guest to appropriate table, using service technique.
- Write guest reservation chits for servers.
- Able to answer questions regarding the facility, and the property.
- Provide a genuine and caring service approach to all guest.
- Experience as a host / hostess in upscale Restaurant is desired.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Experience using a reservation system preferred. (i.e. OpenTable, Resy…)
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of stress
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to reach, bend, squat, carry plates, trays of glasses and lifts glass racks and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per shift.
- Ability to tolerate some exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, and humidity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to read, speak, and write the English language
- Ability to perform basic math skills Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer / reservation system knowledge.