Catering Sous Chef
- Assist in Communication with in the culinary department and restaurant team.
- Understanding of ordering and proper food storage/rotation.
- Food Cost Controls and Overall Sanitation of the Kitchen.
- Monitor food quality while foods are being prepared.
- Operate kitchen equipment to include, vita mix, robo coupe, ranges, grills, fryer, and ovens.
- Taste foods for correct seasoning.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, storage, and rotation of foods.
- Prepare foods to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards.
- Prepare special meals and substitute items.
- Assist in proper safe food handling procedures.
- Able to train and serve as a role model for new associates.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests and associates according to company standards.
- Anticipate the needs of our guest and owners.
- Take an active role in reporting maintenance needs, accidents, and unsafe working conditions.
- Ability to communicate professionally with guest, owners, and other associates.
- Ability to stand, sit, and/or walk for an extended period of time.
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Ability to move, carry, lift push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to smoke, steam, loud noises, wet conditions.
- Ability to work in the heat and/or cold, often with extended exposure to the sun.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to complete safety training and certifications.
- A minimum of 3-year food and beverage experience with at least 1 in a supervisor role preferred.
- A culinary degree, certificate or attendance at a culinary school is preferred.