EBSCO Industries is seeking an experienced Housekeeping Manager to join our team. The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operation of the Housekeeping Department along with assuring the highest degree of quality guest care is maintained at all times. Responsible for staffing, scheduling, training and developing hourly staff.
- Manage the daily activities of the Housekeeping Department to include appropriate cleaning of all offices, homes and public areas.
- Daily supervision of the housekeeping and common area staff.
- Purchase, re-order and maintain housekeeping supplies and inventory.
- Recruit, schedule and train all new housekeeping staff members.
- Maintain the housekeeping budget to include work orders and invoices.
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
- Determines and maintains the department work schedule used to notify staff of upcoming events and ensure proper preparation and staffing for each event.
- Perform housekeeper and inspector duties as needed.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, databases)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development. 4+ years
- Ability to maintain a budget
- Working knowledge of rooms management systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or 50lbs without assistance
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and/or weekends
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Capable of using independent judgement/ solid decision-making skills ability.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail.
- Proven excellence in customer service
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs, change goals and direction quickly and multitask.