EBSCO Industries is seeking an experienced Manager. This position is located at Neat Tasting Room & Bottle Shop, in Alys Beach Community, Florida. The position requires a high amount of self-motivation and dedication to a job well done, all while being a Captain of NEAT as well as Alys Beach at all times. The Manager must be accessible and visible to homeowners, guests, and staff during the day and maintain a vigilant watch on the kitchen and warehouse. While NEAT will be a main focus, it is not the full scope of responsibility for this position. The Manager will also have responsibilities assisting in other food and beverage outlets within Alys Beach as well as overseeing marketing posts for NEAT.
- Supervising the outlet and ensuring it is crisp and ready to greet guests.
- Making sure staff is well prepared and informed of daily activities and duties.
- Supervising FOH and BOH staff and anticipating needs as well as being pro-active to get our ladies and gentleman prepared for the shift and keeping them engaged throughout the day. Staying vigilant in making sure we are operating in the best interests of our guests and business.
- Creating and supervising daily tasks with efficiency and cleanliness in mind.
- Serving as a role model and setting a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
- Maintaining a strong leadership mentality focused on a team environment.
- Utilizing labor and other assets in an effort to maximize quality, service, and cleanliness while being conscious of budgets and fiscal responsibility to our business.
- Continually improving the skills, knowledge, and morale of all employees. Treating the employees with dignity and respect and creating an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Paying close attention to our operation to ensure that we are operating a safe environment for our guests and staff. Having working knowledge of Florida Health and Safety regulations is preferred.
- Playing a strong support role in making sure our daily operations are being tended to during service. Examples would be menus, POS, inventory, etc.
- Consistently bringing ideas to the table about positive ways to improve service from first hand daily experience and interactions.
- Communicating effectively and respectfully with guests, staff, superiors, and vendors.
- Making solid decisions in a time pressured environment.
- Being responsible in handling challenging situations.
- Resolving customer and staff issues.
- Monitoring and evaluating employee performance while being a learning tool for associates to consistently rely on to gain perspective and direction.
- Ability to work flexible hours, work efficiently, and multitask, all while being focused on the standards of Alys Beach as well as the standards of our food and beverage program.
- High school diploma or GED
- Five years of Food & Beverage service experience with some management experience.
- Prior experience in a retail setting preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally verbally and in writing
- Strong Beverage knowledge. Beer/Wine/Liquor.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of stress
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to reach, bend, squat, carry plates, trays of glasses and lifts glass racks and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per shift.
- Ability to tolerate some exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, and humidity.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to read, speak, and write the English language
- Ability to perform basic math skills Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and POS a plus
- Bartending/Server/Retail preferred
- Degree in a Hospitality Program a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- TIPS Certified
- Experience with inventory programs
- Cicerone Level 1 certification.
- Wine certification. Level 1 Court of Master Sommelier.
- Mixology course.