EBSCO Industries is seeking an experienced Cook I. This position’s primary function involves the daily production of food items as it relates to all stations in the kitchen, maintaining a clean and efficient work environment, operating kitchen equipment and includes gaining food and beverage knowledge, as well as a commitment to deliver a high level of service.
- Set up and break down of a work station
- Prepare Hot/Cold Foods.
- Monitor food quality while preparing foods.
- Operate kitchen equipment to include, vita mix, robo coupe, ranges, grills, fryer, and ovens.
- Taste foods for correct seasoning.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, storage, and rotation of foods.
- Able to read and follow recipes.
- Prepare special meals and substitute items.
- Serve food in proper portions in proper plate/bowl.
- Wash and Sanitize work are including tables, tools, knives and kitchen equipment.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests and associates according to company standards.
- Anticipate the needs of our guest and owners.
- Take an active role in reporting maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- Ability to communicate professionally with guest, owners, and other associates.
- Ability to stand, sit, and/or walk for an extended period of time.
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Ability to move, carry, lift push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to smoke, steam, loud noises, wet conditions.
- Ability to work in the heat and/or cold, often with extended exposure to the sun.
- Ability to complete safety training and certifications.
- A minimum of 1-year food and beverage experience.
- A culinary degree, certificate or attendance at a culinary school is preferred.