Cook II position’s primary function involves daily preparation of food items, operating kitchen equipment, maintaining a clean and efficient work environment, and includes food and beverage knowledge as well as a commitment to delivering a high level of service.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs.
- 1 year full-service restaurant experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance and 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to tolerate smoke, steam, heat and/or cold, and theability to work outdoors, often with extended exposure to the sun and humidity
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and, on occasion, a longer than normal workday, including event venues at beach, parks, and pool deck.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
- Prepare special meals or substitute items in proper portions and place on proper serving piece.
- Prepare cold food.
- A culinary degree, certificate or attendance at a culinary school.
- Ability to complete safety training and certifications.
- Will be required to perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.