Alys Beach is seeking a Security Officer for Alys Beach Security to patrol Alys Beach community to maintain order, enforce rules and regulations, and ensure observance of applicable laws. This position is located at Alys Beach, Florida. The Security Officer will work directly with the Alys beach Security Team.
- Patrol public areas, confer with management, interview guests, employees, merchants, and homeowners to detect infringements; investigates disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism, etc.
- Provide general information to visitors and guest about Alys Beach and its amenities.
- Warn or eject troublemakers and cautions careless persons.
- Report criminal activity to the Sheriff’s Department.
- Obtain assistance for accident victims/medical emergencies.
- Notify staff of presence of persons with questionable reputations.
- Assist management and enforcement officers in emergency situations.
- Assist Director of Security and Security Supervisor with training new personnel.
- Assist with inspections/maintenance of first aid kits, automatic external defibrillator, and water rescue equipment.
- Assist Security Supervisor with maintenance and inventory of security office equipment.
- Assist Security Supervisor with maintenance of security vehicles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid Driver license
- Communicate both verbally and in writing in a professional manner.
- Be proficient in use of basic computer software (Microsoft Products)
- Have experience as licensed Security Officer, Corrections Officer, Police Officer or prior military
- Ability to work all shifts as deemed necessary (24/7)
Essential Job Functions
- Patrol Alys Beach community to; maintain order, enforce rules and regulations, and ensure observance of applicable laws
- Provide general information to visitors and guest about Alys Beach and its amenities
- Communicate both verbally and in writing in a professional manner
- Investigate and write daily reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities, safety and fire hazards, and other security related situations, and reports them to the Director of Security