Beach Club Steward
EBSCO Industries is seeking an experienced Steward. This position’s primary function will involve maintaining a positive working relationship with the service team, creating an efficient work flow that supports the service and culinary staff in their daily responsibilities. Maintaining a high level of Sanitation throughout the restaurant.
- Setting up dish machine station and triple sink with appropriate chemicals.
- Communicating with kitchen staff on needs and placement of clean items.
- Maintaining a safe and orderly work environment in the dish station.
- Handling plate, sliver, and glass ware with care to avoid damage and/or breakage.
- Maintaining professional, and composed and calm demeanor at all times.
- Completing all side work as directed by manager.
- Working as part of the culinary team.
- Will be required to perform other reasonable job duties requested by manager.
- Ability to communicate professionally with guest, owners, and other associates.
- Ability to stand, sit, and/or walk for an extended period of time.
- Ability to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Ability to move, carry, lift push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to smoke, steam, loud noises, wet conditions.
- Ability to work in the heat and/or cold, often with extended exposure to the sun.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of stress
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to work in heat and/or cold, often with extended exposure to the sun.
- Ability to complete safety training and certifications.
- Previous dishwashing experience preferable, but not required.
- Basic understanding of professional kitchen operations.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to quality service at all time.