EBSCO Industries is seeking an experienced Server Assistant. This position is located at Caliza Restaurant, in Alys Beach Community, Florida. Caliza restaurant is a very unique dining experience with a team service mentality. The Server Assistant is one of the most important members of our service team. The persons applying for this job should be full of energy, have a positive outlook, and an aptitude for genuine hospitality.
- Utilize proper food handling and food service techniques.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules. Clean work areas, and tables. Clean glasses, silverware, and utensils.
- Assist with orientation and training of new employees.
- Practice all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Maintain or exceed standards of appearance, cleanliness, personal sanitation, and hygiene.
- Set restaurant, and service stations for service
- 1 Year Service Experience in a Full-Restaurant is preferred.
- Basic understanding of professional restaurant operation.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to reach, bend, squat, carry plates, trays of glasses and lifts glass racks and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per shift.
- Ability to tolerate some exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, and humidity.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to read, speak, and write the English language
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- Service training.