From hundreds of submissions from around the world, Alys Beach announces today the 25 digital artists finalists who will now compete for $10,000 in cash prizes at the Fifth Annual Digital Graffiti Festival on June 8th and 9th at Alys Beach.
Prizes will be awarded in various categories and judged by a panel of art and industry experts. The winning categories include Best of Show, Most Innovative/Experimental Submission, Best in Florida, Best Animated Submission and Curator’s Choice. All winners will be announced on the evening of June 9th at the Caliza Pool.
This one of a kind juried festival allows digital artists to explore how their fluid forms intersect with technology and wrap the architecture of Alys Beach to create entirely new art forms. Guests who attend Digital Graffiti are able to view these installments and glimpse the latest in digital art and technology.
2012 Digital Graffiti Finalists
1. “becoming” by Belinda Haikes of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2. “BFF” by Elisa Harkins
3. “chiral” by Robert Seidel of Berlin, Germany
4. “Doodle Defense” by Andy Wallace of New York, New York
5. “Emergence” by Jaysen Haibech of Collingwood, Australia
6. “Faces, Places, and Body Parts” by Francis Sileo of Annapolis, Maryland
7. “Fermata (Dive)” by Brian Patrick Franklin of Normal, Illinois
8. “Flight of Memory” by Victoria Febrer & Pedro J. Padilla of Astoria, New York
9. “Full Moon” by Yandell Walton and Tobias Edwards of Collingwood, Australia
10. “In Vitro” by Brian Ratigan of Jacksonville, Florida
11. “Magnetic Field” by Dmitry Kmelnitsky of Venice, California
12. “Neons Melody” by Jean-Michael Rolland of Paris, France
13. “Passing By” by Andres Koczka of Copenhagen, Denmark
14. “Please Call Stella” by Black & Jones of Clarksville, Tennessee
15. “Secret Lives” by Alessandro Perini of Malamo, Sweden
16. “Star Cycle #1” by Yoshi Sodeoka
17. “Stutter Light” by Ann Catherine Cater of Nashville, Tennessee
18. “Suspension” by Steven Grambergs of Suwanee, Georgia
19. “Switch” by Liat Berdugo of Providence, Rhode Island
20. “Tableau Viviant” by Tomasz Wlaźlak of Gorzow Wielkopolski, Poland
21. “The End” by Joel Swanson of Denver, Colorado
22. “The Pig” by Mark Franz of Fort Lauderdale, Florida
23. “Untitled” by Kate Shannon of Mansfield, Ohio
24. “Zombie Dragonfly Discotheque” by David Montgomery of Fernandina Beach, Florida
25. “1,111 Windows to the Soul” by Michael Bowen of St Petersburg, Florida
Digital Graffiti expands to two evenings…
Friday night’s Gallery Stroll will allow guests to interact with the artists in a more intimate salon-style setting with the Caliza Restaurant taking a limited number of reservations for dinner. There will also be a cash bar at the Caliza Pool, but no party. The festivities will continue on Saturday night with VIE Magazine’s Meet me at The Red Carpet from 6:30-8:30pm at Fonville Press, then the festival gates open and the evening ends with the traditional pool party at the architecturally acclaimed Caliza Pool.
Adult tickets are $30 for Friday night’s Gallery Stroll, and $50 for Saturday night.
Children’s tickets (12 and under) may be purchased for $10 for each night online at digitalgraffiti.com or at Fonville Press in Alys Beach. This event will sell out so advance purchase of tickets is strongly recommended.