Alys Beach is seeking an Assistant Project Manager for Commercial Construction. This individual will report to the Senior Project Managers and is responsible for contract management and performing quality control. Will report to managers with daily supervision, coordination, and project management. Will aid in project turnover / completion of the project(s) to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, bidding, and contract administration functions.
- Assist the Superintendent and Project Manager with the overall plan for construction of the project.
- Assist in the development of cost estimates of assigned projects.
- Solicit and obtain bids from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Submit approval and lead the job start-up and close-out checklists.
- Provide detailed project construction progress schedule in coordination with Superintendent, Project Manager, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Secure properly executed subcontract and purchase order agreements, insurance certificates, bonds and other documents as required to protect the interest of the Company.
- Prepare, expedite, and monitor logs for tracking shop drawings, contract documents, submittals, request for information, change orders, material delivery logs and other logs as determined necessary for a successful project.
- Assist the Superintendent, monitor and expedite the delivery of materials.
- Assist the Superintendent to ensure that the project is constructed in accordance with the contract requirements and specifications and with the required quality.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of the monthly job status report and participate in the preparation of the ACR.
- Working knowledge of all project plans, specifications, contract with Owner, subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and all other project related documents, and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-builts.
- Final revisions to the master cost breakdown as a result of change orders and management revisions with direction of Managers.
- Assisting and relaying to Director of potential schedule delays.
- Maintain good relationships with the owner, architect, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, municipal authorities, and company personnel involved with the project.
- Assist with Final Closeout and project completion turnover.
Essential Job Functions
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which long-range goals can be achieved.
- 1 to 5 years experience in commercial construction environment.
- Computer Skills: PC-based estimating, budgeting and scheduling applications including Project, medium to advanced Excel and Word skills, and BlueBeam.
- Certifications & Licenses: 4-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform in areas: grasp concepts quickly, a drive to learn and excel, communication skills for client relationships, ability to read / interpret blueprint and specifications, estimating, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, field supervision, computer skills.