EBSCO Industries is seeking a Server with bartending experience. This position is located at Caliza Restaurant, in Alys Beach Community, Florida. Caliza restaurant & pool is a very unique dining experience with a team service mentality. This position will cover shifts as a server and as a bartender. The persons applying for this job should be full of energy, have a positive outlook, and an aptitude for genuine hospitality.
- Utilize proper food handling and food service techniques.
- Take beverage orders directly from patrons. Serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Take meal/drink orders and serve meals in a friendly and timely manner.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules. Clean work areas, and tables. Clean glasses, silverware, and utensils.
- Assist with orientation and training of new employees.
- Practice all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Maintain or exceed standards of appearance, cleanliness, personal sanitation, and hygiene.
- Process payments.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol. Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- 1 Year Full-Restaurant Service Experience is desired.
- Strong Beverage knowledge. Beer/Wine/Liquor.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of stress
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to reach, bend, squat, carry plates, trays of glasses and lifts glass racks and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per shift.
- Ability to tolerate some exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, and humidity.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to read, speak, and write the English language
- Ability to perform basic math skills Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Food certification.
- Wine certification. Level 1 Court of Master Sommelier.
- Mixology course.