Alys Beach is seeking an experienced Bartender. This position is located at Neat Tasting Room & Bottle Shop, in Alys Beach Community, Florida. Neat is a very unique experience with a team service mentality. The Bartender is one of the most important members of our service team. The persons applying for this job should be full of energy, have a positive outlook, and an aptitude for genuine hospitality.
- Utilize proper food handling and food service techniques.
- Take beverage orders from service staff or directly from patrons. Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer. Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Take meal/drink orders and serve meals in a friendly and timely manner.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules. Clean bars, work areas, and tables. Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Assist with orientation and training of new employees.
- Practice all safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Maintain or exceed standards of appearance, cleanliness, personal sanitation, and hygiene.
- Collect money for drinks served. Balance cash receipts.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol. Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- 1 Year Full-Service Bar / Restaurant Experience.
- Strong Beverage knowledge. Beer/Wine/Liquor.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to maintain a calm professional demeanor during periods of stress.
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to stand for 8 hours
- Ability to reach, bend, squat, carry plates, trays of glasses, and lift glass racks and boxes weighing up to 50 pounds up to 20 times per shift.
- Ability to tolerate some exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, and humidity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills-Ability to be organized in a changing environment.
- Ability to perform basic math functions. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Cicerone Level 1 certification.
- Wine certification. Level 1 Court of Master Sommelier.
- Mixology course.