Alys Beach Bike Shop is seeking a full-time Recreation Attendant. They would be responsible for performing all daily operations of the Recreation Department for both the Alys Beach Bike Shop and Beach Service. This position's hourly rate is $18 per hour and there will be a $1,000 sign-on bonus for position.
- Responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to homeowners, guests, and customers
- Promote the recreational activities (i.e., Bike Shop, beach service, bonfires, events) to home owners, guests, and the community
- Assist with facility routines, bikes, programs, and special events.
- Learn, promote, and sell our retail offering
- Assist with monthly retail inventory
- Assist with replenishment of retail merchandise
- Assist with opening and closing procedures, including the set-up and break down of recreational equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and communicate professionally with both customers and co-workers
- Ability to stand for an entire shift and extended periods of time
- Ability to reach, bend, squat, and lift without assistance
- Ability to work in the heat and/or cold, often with extended exposure to the sun
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and, on occasion, a longer than normal workday, including event venues
- Ability to regularly lift 20-50 lbs.
- Ability to regularly navigate up to 5 flights of stairs while carrying supplies
Essential Job Functions
- Assist homeowners and guests with all equipment rentals (bikes, beach chairs, and watersports)
- Assist in creating and maintaining repairs list
- Conduct repairs and maintenance of recreation departments inventory
- Maintain tools in working order
- Assist with deliveries or rental equipment
- CPR/AED Certification