Alys Beach Bike Shop is seeking a full-time Recreation Attendant. They would be responsible for performing all daily operations of the Recreation Department for both the Alys Beach Bike Shop and Beach Service.
- Responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to homeowners, guests, and customers
- Promote the recreational activities (i.e., Bike Shop, beach service, bonfires, events) to home owners, guests, and the community
- Assist with facility routines, bikes, programs, and special events.
- Learn, promote, and sell our retail offering
- Assist with monthly retail inventory
- Assist with replenishment of retail merchandise
- Assist with opening and closing procedures, including the set-up and break down of recreational equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and communicate professionally with both customers and co-workers
- Ability to stand for an entire shift and extended periods of time
- Ability to reach, bend, squat, and lift without assistance
- Ability to work in the heat and/or cold, often with extended exposure to the sun
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and, on occasion, a longer than normal workday, including event venues
- Ability to regularly lift 20-50 lbs.
- Ability to regularly navigate up to 5 flights of stairs while carrying supplies
Essential Job Functions
- Assist homeowners and guests with all equipment rentals (bikes, beach chairs, and watersports)
- Assist in creating and maintaining repairs list
- Conduct repairs and maintenance of recreation departments inventory
- Maintain tools in working order
- Assist with deliveries or rental equipment
- CPR/AED Certification