Alys Beach is seeking an experienced Concierge to provide a variety of services to our guests at Alys Beach. A Concierge provides our guests with information about our property and outside services such as transportation, restaurants, and activities in the area. $1,500 sign on bonus at the Alys Beach Job Fair, on January 10 & 26 in Alys Beach (Trailer 1) from 9am to 6pm.
- Conduct pre-arrival calls and in-person meetings as needed for all guests to assist them with all arrangements
- Respond to our guests’ inquiries and questions
- Provide directions, arrange local and airport transportation
- Make home reservations when necessary.
- Make reservations for dinner, spa treatments, golf tee times, obtain tickets for special events, etc.
- Maintain most up-to-date information on all local attractions, restaurants, etc. (hours of operation, pricing, etc.)
- Provide information about local activities, shopping, dining, nightlife, or recreational activities, etc.
- Make travel arrangements or schedule tours
- Plan special events, parties, or meetings, arrange childcare services, and receive or deliver luggage, packages or mail as needed
- Work well with internal departments to make arrangements for guests
- Assist with Alys Beach reservations (bikes, beach chairs, ZUMA classes, etc.)
- Complete guest itineraries detailing all arrangements prior to guest arrival
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills are critical to the position.
- Maintain a positive tone and helpful attitude.
- Being a good listener to the guests and understand their requests.
- Be extremely welcoming.
- Manage multiple tasks at once with many guests.
- Must be very well organized and be able to manage their time effectively.
- Provide our guests with expert knowledge of our property and the surrounding area.
- Know the best restaurants and attractions and any other services that our area offers.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and dress when meeting our guests.
- Able to make every guest feel valued for visiting Alys Beach.
- Complete all assignments and interactions utilizing the highest Alys Beach service standards
- Exhibit the Alys Beach Values of Accountability, Commitment, Integrity, Passion, Respect and Unity.
- High comfort level in learning new computer programs and systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proven experience as a concierge.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in customer service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in the English language.
- A great deal of patience and confidence.
- Aptitude in resolving issues with a guest focus.
- A two-year associates degree in hospitality required or at least 2 to 4 years’ experience in a hotel or resort.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
• Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office products • Four-year degree preferred.